I’m so excited to have made vegan cheese. It is surprisingly delicious. I adapted this recipe from the internet. It can have many variations to give it different qualities.
Vegan Cheddar Cheese Ball
1. Soak for 2 hours, drain and rinse.
1½ cups Cashews, raw
2 Tbs Sun Dried Tomatoes, cut into tiny pieces
2. In food processor blend cashews and tomatoes and add the rest:
This will take up to 10 minutes scrapping down the sides incrementally.
¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
½ cup Coconut Oil
1½ Tbs Miso Paste
1 Tbs Rice Vinegar
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
½ tsp Smoked Paprika
1 pinch Cayenne
1 tsp Salt
3. Place in bowl and refrigerate for 4 hours.
4. When firm remove with spatula and roll into ball.
5. Optional: Roll over nut pieces or parsley or thyme.