Although we call this peach custard it works wonderfully with any summer fruit. Another one of our most favorite options is apricot.
1. In a medium pot cook until soft:
12 Peaches sliced thin
2. In another medium pot mix together:
(dissolve Kuzu in 2 Tbs. cold water first)
6 Egg yolks
3 cups Milk
1/4 cup Sugar brown
2 Tbs Kuzu
3. Cook till thick, stirring constantly about 10 minutes. Then add:
3 Tbs Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
4. Once custard is cool combine and gently stir in half of the cooked peaches to the custard.
5. In a large bowl whip till stiff then fold into custard:
2 cups Heavy cream
Serve chilled in individual bowls with remaining peaches as a topping.