- Place a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Cover, and cook until clams have opened, approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Any unopened should be discarded.
23 Clams, scrubbed under cold water
4 cups Water
- Strain clam broth through a sieve lined with cheesecloth or doubled-up paper towels, and set aside. Set aside as well.
- In same pot, rinsed, turn heat to medium-low, add:
2 Tbs Butter
1 Tb Dulce Flakes or Dashi
1 Leek, tops removed, halved
4. Add: and cook until wine is evaporated 5-7 minutes:
1 Tb Butter
2 Carrots, peeled and halved, then sliced into half-moons
1 Parsnips, peeled and halved, then sliced into half-moons
1 medium Potatoes, cubed
½ cup White Wine, dry
- Add enough clam broth to just cover them, Add the thyme and the bay leaves. Partly cover the pot, and simmer gently until vegetables are tender, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
2 cups Clam Broth
3 sprigs Thyme
2 Bay Leaves
- When the vegetables are tender, add the cream, and stir in the chopped clams Add black pepper to taste. Let come to a simmer. (Do not let chowder come to a full boil.) Remove the thyme and the bay leaves, and discard.
1 cup Coconut Cream
Salt & Black pepper, to taste
- Slip the fish fingers into the chowder, place the scallops on the surface and allow them all to cook into translucence in the heat, approximately 5-7 minutes.
½ pound White Fish fillets, sliced into long bite sizes
¼ pound Sea Scallops, sliced into coins if very large
8 Large Shrimp, remove shells, de-vein and rinse
Garnished with: ¼ cup Parsley, chopped